A few people have reached out recently about being able to add fights, and I'm going to upgrade their permissions. And so, some new editors are going to join us. Here are the basics for adding fights to the Fight Vault. I can refer new editors here instead of going over the process with each person. I'll be modifying this post as I think of more things.
1) Make sure you are entering a fight that is not already added. This is number one. This a problem, as we have multiple duplicates now, each with fan cards, and that is difficult for me to merge in the database. Also, we get requests from people all the time asking for fights to be added... that actually are already added. So check first!
2) The only acceptable image is the promotional poster. Screen grabs and photos found online are not okay for the image. These are copyrighted, and we can't use them. I'll be doing some cleanup on the database to address this issue in the coming weeks.
3) If you add fights on EOTR, you are a Fight Editor. As such, you are to some extent representing the community. I think this means being as friendly as possible to other judges, because they need to be able to ask for fights to be added.
Also, any fights added by our group of Editors are very much appreciated. Any time put in to make the site better is appreciated. By everyone in the community. I want to make it easier for you guys. So, I'm also going to be working on some upgrades to make being a Fight Editor much easier. Things I'm working on:
- a way to see all the fights you've added in one place
- a way to add fights partially, and save and come back, and only publish when it's complete
- making the new fight form a little easier to use
- a private forum area just for editors, I think this could be useful in a variety of ways
I'll post separate threads about those changes when they are closer to being done. I expect some time in the next two weeks to have some changes ready to publish to the live site. I also have a few other improvements that I was working on before I stepped away (unrelated to editing fights), and those will also get a post when I push them live, which should also be soon.
(btw... I'm back and healthy again)