2018 Q1 Pound for Pound list

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
2018 Q1 Pound for Pound list

OK Guys...Feel free to share your Pound for Pound list at the start of 2018 :)

Posts yours and check others, and let's see how it changes by Q2

Re: 2018 Q1 Pound for Pound list

Here's my list as Q1 of 2018

1. T. Crawford
2. G. Golovkin
3. V. Lomachenko
4. K. Thurman
5. M. Garcia
6. D. Wilder
7. S. Kovalev
8. D. Jacobs
9. A. Joshua
10.N. Inoue

No mayor changes. Rigo is out. It's true his fight against Lomachenko was a bit unfair, but he could have done more.
Lomachenko remains the same as he won with an unfair advantage.
With Rigo's exit from the list, The monster enters in number 10 on my list.

The First quarter of the year will be very interesting. Breidis defends against Usyk, which will be a chance for both fighters to make a great statement.
Garcia will face a very tough Lipinets, which I think will be a challenge for Mikey.
Rungvisai will make a defense against a cunning Estrada, which could very well become a fight of the year. Both fighters have the chance to prove they are no flukes.

What's your top 10?

1.Lomachenko
2.Crawford
3.Golovkin
4.Canelo
5.Mikey Garcia
6.Thurman
7.Spence
8.Rungvisai
9.Kovalev
10.Inoue

no heavyweights, interesting.

The concept of Pound-for-Pound puts Heavyweights at a natural disadvantage anyway. Apart from Joshua and Wilder who have yet to fight each other, the general quality of the Heavyweight division pales in comparison to the lower weights.

1. Crawford
2. Golovkin
3. Lomachenko
4. Canelo
5. M. Garcia
6. Kovalev
7. Spence
8. Inoue
9. Rigondeaux
10. Usyk

Rigondeaux is probably going to get booted off my list soon, it's very unlikely he has any activity versus good fighters soon and he was stripped of his title. Spence can probably jump Kovalev on my list by beating Peterson, I just didn't think he had the resume yet to push him any higher. No Rungvisai as I think him beating Chocolatito was at least partially because of being at the right place at the right time. If he beats Estrada he may be able to slip in. I think Usyk is the real deal and has a good enough combination of resume and eye test to get into the list.

Usyk definitely has turned the heads of lots of people. Still, I think Breidis could prove to be too tough a cookie for him. This fight is very underrated.

Maybe, I think Breidis would have to step up for that to happen. I wasn't super impressed by Breidis vs. Perez in terms of entertainment or ability and Usyk has blown out the best opponents he's faced. It will be a big fight for the division though considering the tournament format and belt unification.